MFT Exam Prep
We have a 95% Pass Rate!
MFT Exam Prep Overview
Thousands of therapists take the MFT Exam every year to become Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists. Many of these therapists have successfully used our Marriage and Family Therapy exam prep programs to pass. California is the only state with its own MFT exams administered by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS), which include the Law and Ethics MFT Exam and the Clinical MFT Exam. All other states use the MFT National Exam administered by the Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB). We are confident we offer the best MFT prep program available - we consistently have the highest MFT Exam pass rate and we have the greatest number of positive reviews in the industry.
Do you want to pass the National AMFTRB MFT Exam? This study program is for ALL states EXCEPT CALIFORNIA.
The Therapist Development Center offers the most efficient and effective National MFT Exam study system on the market to prepare you for the AMFTRB exam. We organize your studying into an easy to follow plan for success.
- We are the only program that provides test taking strategies that will help you figure out the reasoning-based questions that make up 60% of the questions on the AMFTRB Exam.
- Exam Prep Coaches who have taken the exam are available to answer any questions you have while studying -- you are not alone!
- The program can be completed in 55 hours and repeated as needed.
- Our mock exams reflect the actual exam.
- Once you purchase the program we are “with you until you pass” – you never have to pay to extend or repeat the program.
- 95% of our customers rate our program “far superior” to other programs.
- In 2017, our pass rate was 94% for the National Marriage and Family Therapist Exam. You're next!
Here's a recent review from John Tsilimparis, LMFT: "The Therapist Development Center was a great help. They provided excellent mock tests and easy to absorb materials. The AMFTRB MFT Exam is super hard to pass because it covers a wide range of topics with often complicated questions that get confusing. But the TDC study guides prepared me well for it. Most thankful to Amanda and especially Asya for their help. I highly recommend the service!"
Do you want to pass the California MFT Law and Ethics Exam?
The Therapist Development Center offers the most successful and best reviewed study system on the market. The MFT Law and Ethics Exam tests more than memorization of content. You need to be prepared to apply legal and ethical concepts in complicated clinical situations. Our program prepares you to do just that. Additionally:
- We organize your studying into an easy to follow plan.
- We are the only program that provides the test taking strategies that are essential for success.
- We are the only program with access to coaches you can reach out to with questions while studying.
- The program can be completed in 35 hours and repeated as needed.
- Once you purchase the program we are “with you until you pass” – you never pay to extend or repeat the program.
Want to SAVE $50 on your California exam prep materials? Buy the CA COMBO!
Here's a recent review from Flavania Robinson: "TDC's study materials and Amanda's lectures prepared me for the MFT exam. The lecture series were very succinct and to the point. The questions in the TDC mock exams were similarly worded and mirrored the format in the real exam. The study rules and guidelines that Amanda provided were helpful when I got stuck in the exam. I was able to think through the scenarios, focus on what the question was asking for, and discern the right answer from options that were very similar. I would and did recommend TDC to another person preparing for the MFT exams."
Do you want to pass the California MFT Clinical Exam?
The California Clinical MFT Exam is a rigorous and challenging test. Therapist Development Center offers a comprehensive and concise study system that will help you pass with confidence.
- Unlike other programs, we organize studying for the Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist Exam into a 10 step study plan.
- 90% of the exam questions are reasoning-based. We are the only program that provides test taking strategies to help you figure out these questions.
- The Clinical Marriage and Family Therapy study program can be completed in 75 hours and repeated as needed.
- TDC is committed to your success - “We are with you until you pass” - so unlike other programs that charge you to extend or repeat the program, we never will charge you extra.
Here's a recent review from Dana White, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist: "Words cannot express how relieved I was after using your MFT exam program for a few study sessions. I had previously studied for MONTHS with another company's study materials and felt lost, even worse, I started to doubt my intellectual ability to pass the MFT exam. I found TDC through a Facebook group called MFT Guide. Initially I was skeptical of everyone's praise for your program, but once I began using your reasoning strategies, my scores on the test bank I was using began to improve. Best of all, I regained a sense of hope that I could pass this test and I did!"
Do you want to save $50 on your CALIFORNIA MFT exam preparation materials?
Every person who uses TDC for the Law and Ethics Exam stays with us for the Clinical Exam program. The California Marriage and Family Therapist combo package provides a $50 savings. You will have access to the study programs as long as you need them to pass. (Please note - you must buy the COMBO at the time of first purchase, we will not issue the COMBO discount after that).
Therapist Development Center Reviews
TDC was a wonderful study tool for me! I love to learn using audio and I loved that it was so thorough (but not TOO thorough - in other words having me review details that were not important!). It was also nice having Amanda's voice - it felt like I was listening to a friend as she shared so warmly and like a real person rather than a robotic voice. And Robin was such a support when I was getting that pre-test anxiety. Her kindness and encouragement was so helpful. Thank you, TDC, and especially Robin, for your support!
So overwhelmed with joy to have passed this monster! BBS took over 5 months to approve my hours but it was worth the wait. A few days before delivering my first son, I CAN SAY I AM A LICENSED MFT. Thank you Amanda.
All materials were very well organized, and comprehensive. I especially found the Coaching Session with Robin to be an essential part of the exam prep process.
This program prep for the LMFT law and ethics exam was excellent! I so appreciated Amanda's detailed explanations throughout the program, and even re-listened to her pep talk in the car prior to walking into the exam. Robin and Asya were also extremely helpful and timely with answering any questions I had along the way! Overall I felt confident with a majority of my answers during the exam and now the content is cemented into my brain. This knowledge will increase my competency as an associate therapist. I will definitely utilize this program prep when I begin studying for my final licensing exams!
I am the worst multiple choice test taker. My professor in grad school even told me that I tend to second guess myself but all my written essay answers were 100% correct. She affirmed that I knew the material but I may be overthinking on the multiple choice questions. I knew I had to do something to prepare myself properly for the CA MFT Clinical Exam. TDC completely addressed my problems and really taught me HOW to take this test, what to look for, how to narrow choices, how to pace myself, and trust my knowledge and experience. I appreciate that it wasn't just raw material review, but more of a program for how to approach and pass this specific test. This program worked wonders for me and while I did not excel in the practice exams, I did better than I thought I would and it helped me prepare my mental approach. I truly felt prepared enough as well as more confident in my test taking abilities after this program. I went through the program once, at my own pace, and passed the CA MFT Clinical Exam on my first try. Thank you so much TDC!