The Therapist Development Center is proud to report that 95% of our customers pass the LCSW Law and Ethics Exam using our LCSW exam prep study system. The LCSW Law and Ethics Exam was created to ensure that unlicensed social workers understand the California laws and social work ethics that govern clinical practice. Passing the LCSW Law and Ethics Exam is required in order to obtain your license as a clinical social worker in the state of California. The California LCSW Law and Ethics Exam must be taken annually until you pass in order to maintain your status as an Associate Social Worker, which is necessary to accrue your clinical hours. If you fail this exam, the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) will require you to wait 90-days, pay a $100 re-examination fee, and complete an additional 12-hour Law & Ethics CE course to be eligible to retake the Law & Ethics Exam. Our LCSW Law and Ethics Exam Study System includes INSTANT online access to:
- An organized, step-by-step LCSW exam prep study plan for the LCSW Law and Ethics exam
- 15 online AUDIO workshops with downloadable handouts
- A complete review of essential content areas in law and ethics
- Effective study tools for the California Law and Ethics exam
- Clinical examples from social work professionals to help you learn instead of memorizing
- Clear test-taking strategies to help you stay organized and focused on exam day
- 5 Law and Ethics Practice Exams with audio rationales created by experienced exam prep coaches
- Tools to manage test anxiety
- Coaches who are available for ongoing questions and support
The California LCSW Law and Ethics exam is weighed 40% Law and 60% Ethics. Within the Law portion, there are three (3) subtopics: Confidentiality, Privilege, and Consent (14%), Limits to Confidentiality / Mandated Reporting (16%), and Legal Standards for Professional Practice (10%). Within Ethics the three (3) subtopics are Professional Competence and Preventing Harm (18%), Therapeutic Relationship (27%), and Business Practices and Policies (15%).
Our exam study system will address each and every one of these topics in an organized and weighted fashion to give you exactly what you need to pass. This online study program is designed to maximize learning and minimize stress. The California LCSW Law and Ethics exam program takes approximately 35 hours to complete once and can be repeated as needed as many times as you want! Access is set for 4 months, but extensions are FREE. We are with you until you pass the LCSW Law and Ethics Exam!
And don’t just take our word for it. Read some of the testimonials below from those who have used TDC to pass their California Law & Ethics Exam and are now one step closer to becoming a California LCSW. Our program will give you the knowledge, skill set, and confidence you need to ace this exam!