National LCSW Exam Study Program
Our Licensed Clinical Social Worker Exam Study System prepares social workers to pass the CLINICAL Level Exam administered by the ASWB. This LCSW Exam Study System is fully updated to reflect the content on the ASWB exam. Included in the online study system is access to:
- An organized, step-by-step study plan that allows you to create a personalized, easy to follow schedule. Many students waste valuable time trying to figure out what to study and often miss out on key topics OR end up over studying topics that are unlikely to show up on the exam. Our plan keeps you focused and efficient - covering exactly what you need to know for the ASWB's Licensed Clinical Social Worker exam and nothing you don’t.
- Online audio workshops with downloadable handouts – listen when you want and how much you want. This means you can study on the go - in the car, on a walk, at the gym, or cleaning your house. The audio and visual study materials work for all types of learners.
- Effective study tools for the ASWB Clinical Exam — Top 50 Topics Tested, Law & Ethics Quiz, DSM 5 Audio Lectures, and Outline, Quick Studies, and Quizzes for key terms and content that will appear on the LCSW test.
- Clinical examples that help you learn instead of memorizing. To pass this exam you need to understand how to approach the reasoning-based questions that make up the vast majority of the LCSW exam, including being able to identify what the key clinical concept of each question is. Our study program brings content alive with real-life examples similar to the ones you will see on the LCSW exam.
- Clear test-taking strategies you will use on exam day to figure out what they are asking and what the best answer is. Our study program for the national LCSW exam also focuses on anxiety management to keep you thinking clearly.
- ASWB practice exams with over 750+ practice questions that include detailed audio or written rationales, & reflect the actual kinds of questions you will see on the ASWB Clinical Level Exam. Our questions were written by social workers who passed with scores of 90% or higher on the ASWB Clinical Exam, so the questions accurately reflect what you will see on the test (unlike many other practice tests and programs you will find out there in the test prep world).
- Experienced coaches are available via email for questions and support who will always get back to you within two business days (but are often able to get back to you even sooner!).
The LCSW licensing exam training takes roughly 57 hours of study time to complete once. We recommend studying between 2 and 12 weeks. Access to the program expires after 4 months, but it is FREE to extend or repeat the program. We are with you until you PASS the Licensed Clinical Social Work Exam! Once you sign up, you can access the program & digital resources immediately. Nothing is shipped - it is all online. Get started now to prepare yourself to PASS the ASWB Clinical Exam with confidence!
Still unsure if our LCSW Exam Prep is right for you?
Many social workers come to us after using other LCSW study guides and failing, finding themselves feeling defeated or hopeless that they won't find the help they need. They report that with other social work ASWB Clinical exam guides, they were overwhelmed with a pile of books, that the day-long workshop only covered a small portion of the content tested, or that the online program they went through didn’t teach them how to answer the types of questions that showed up on their exams. We totally get it. We created a robust study program for the ASWB Clinical Exam that offers multiple learning methods, so your brain can learn both the content you need to pass and the strategy needed to break down the unique types of questions that show up on this exam. The good news is, once the social workers who previously failed started studying with us, they quickly found themselves with a renewed sense of confidence and were able to successfully PASS their ASWB Clinical Level Exams.
How many questions on the ASWB clinical exam?
There are 170 questions on the ASWB exam, with 150 questions used for scoring. The other 20 questions are used for possible additions to future ASWB exams. These are multiple-choice questions.
TDC program was a huge part in my pass for my clinical exam. It helped me prepare for the type of questions that would be on the exam. I believe the explanations , video, reading and quizzes helped me retain and learn the material. The topics covered were also brought up in my exam. I had previous failed attempts with this exam and finally tried out TDC. I cannot thank this program and the creators enough.
Thank you so much. This program really helped me be prepared for my exam. Worth every penny spent! Thank you!
This study program is FAR superior to any other program. Solely using this program I passed with flying colors. I will only recommend this program to friends and colleagues.
TDC was a GREAT study tool! Not only did it prepare me for the information that would be on the exam, but it also prepared me for the format of the exam as well. I passed my LCSW exam on the very first try by using this program and I will definitely be recommending it to all of my friends and colleagues!
Passed the first time with correctly answering 132 questions, needed 102 to pass. I also had 45 minutes to spare, which I used for slowly reviewing and applying the tactics taught by TDC to conceptualize and dissect the vignettes.
I just want to say thank you so much for the materials and lectures you offered. It is because of TDC that I passed the exam! I am happy to say I am now a LICSW! Anyone needing to pass this exam I highly recommend TDC! Thank you again!
I heard Amanda’s voice throughout the test. I felt prepared and I appreciate this program so much. Thank you.!!
A HUGE thank you to TDC! I truly believe that I would not have passed without this program. You did an excellent job focusing on what I needed to know and how to answer the questions. I always overthink the answers, but this program taught me how to focus on what the question was asking and how to answer correctly. THANK YOU!
I would give Therapist Development Center (TDC) a 10/10. This is by far the best study program for the LCSW. I was about a month and half out from my exam and I expressed to a coworker that I felt incredibly under prepared for the exam. He recommended using TDC and just in a month and half I went from feeling overwhelmed to confident. The quick studies, lectures, and mock exams are really beneficial. I passed the test on my first try with a score of 118/150. 100% worth the money. Recommending to all my MSW coworkers who want to go the clinical route.
I would like to sit for the test again. I have realized how beneficial this program is and would like for an extension so that I can prepare again.
I will recommend this program to every single social worker I know!!! They broke down the material so nicely, it made it easily digestible and took away all of my feelings of overwhelm. By the time the day of the test was here, I felt confident and actually excited to take the exam. I needed 103 to pass, I got 123!! If you are worried about studying and the test, you will not be after this course.
I passed my LCSW on the first try. Thank TDC.
I am so grateful for this course! It helped me feel prepared and knowledgeable about a slew of topics tested on. Almost more importantly, I felt confident in HOW to take the test and really read the question in order to select the appropriate answers. Only needed 103 correct answers to pass and I got 129!!
Your course was incredibly informative and helpful. Thank you for getting me through this!!
In September 2022, I took the LCSW exam for the first time and I felt completely lost. I spend money and time on materials that were pretty useless for the exam. These materials focused on learning everything about diagnosis, medications, theories, etc but did not actually focus on questions and how to answer them by utilizing critical thinking. I spent one month studying with this program and I felt prepared and confident to take the exam. On May 25th, 2023 I took the exam for the second time and passed with 121 questions right out of the 103 that I needed. I'm so grateful for this program and I will recommend it to anybody that needs to take their exam.
Pleased with the responses from the coaches. definitely increased my understanding of how to approach and take the exam.
I have passed both my LSW and LISW exams using TDC! It teaches you what you need to know and I felt fully prepared. Needed 102 to pass my LISW, passed with 117 correct answers.
I passed my LCSW exam in first try! Follow the study system and you will feel confident and prepared. This is a comprehensive study material that will prepare you in how to think for the clinical questions. I appreciate that there are two mock exams with rationales which helped me prepare the types of questions for the exam. Amanda and your team, thanks again!
Thank you for helping me through this exam! I needed 102 to pass I got 133 correct!
TDC was 100% the reason I passed. This program is amazing and has the best understanding of the test I have saw. Thank you so much!!!